November is here, which I'm sure most of you totally already know because of NaNoWriMo. November is always a month I look forward to, mainly for four reasons:
I can't believe it's already the 10th of the month. I swear this year has flown by! (They say that time goes faster, the older you get. I have found this to be 100% true.) Anyway, so day 10 of November, right? Whoa.
Giftapalooza officially kicked off on November 1st, as promised, and we're already nearly done with family #4. Our goal this year is to gift each child at least 3 gifts to open on Christmas morning and I am beyond pleased with how many Santas have already turned out to help us make that Christmas magic happen.
For those who want to help, but don't really know where to start, here are some options for you:
1) Join the event, browse a wish list, purchase a present
2) Send an Amazon GC with your desired amount and we'll save 'em up to about $100 before we hit a few wish lists.
3) Make a donation in the name of #A Dollar From The Heart and we'll let those add up to $100 before hitting a few wish lists.
4) SHARE the event or a blog post to let your friends know what's happening.
5) Purchase a mug, t-shirt, hoodie, or sweatshirt here
You wouldn't believe how many times I've had Santas approach me in December, right before we close, and say, "I wish I had known about this sooner!"
I'm hoping that maybe we can get more people on board this year. My personal goal for this year is to hit $5,000. Of course, we'll take what we can get. We're just happy to help as many kids as we can.
In case you're curious about our numbers thus far, they are as follows:
Families helped: 4
Gifts given: 17
Total $$ given: $279.07
Oh, and here are some of the adorable faces we have already helped! <3